Posts

Showing posts from December, 2016

Moana Review

Image
I love musicals especially Disney and Pixar animated musicals.  I enjoyed this feature very much and I especially liked the fact that Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson got to show off his singing talents in the film.

Auqasauna Rhino Whole House Water Filter

Image
Our home is equipped with a Auqasauna Rhino Whole House Water Filter.  We purchased this water filter system in the March of 2016 and had it installed in June 2016.  Today I changed the filters for the first time.


More Web Development

Image
I decided to rebuild my website from scratch.  I was having CSS  issues with my new Rocket Theme Photon.  Sometimes I add so much extra stuff on my site that something breaks.  It was time to do some house cleaning so I moved the site to a fresh install of Joomla.  I also updated all of the artwork using the high quality scans that I just had done at Colson Fine Art Printing in Valdosta, GA.  I am pleased with the website redesign and update.

Amazon Series Goliath

Image
I just got through watching Goliath. One of the executive producers is David Eric. Kelly of "Alley McBeal fame. Billy Bob Thornton stars in this mini series about lawyers set in Los Angeles. I will not post any spoilers, but I enjoyed this short eight episode series. 
Goliath was recommended to me by my lawyer friend Howard Stiller.

New Website Design

Image
I got tired of my old simple website design.  I decided to use a new template designed by Rocket Theme to update the look and feel.  Now I am happy with the new look for Wormley Design.

I will be adding some more content using the new template.  I learned some new tricks using SASSY, to control how the web site displays objects.  I like learning more about web technologies and programming.

Joomla 3.6.4 Update JSON error

Image
I fixed the  JavaScript Object Notation (JSON) error on my web site.  I have not had the time to address the issue for several months.  Today I finally got to the root of the problem.  Below is a screen shot of my site with debugging turned on.


I had some help along the way, but here are the links that got me going.  The error was caused by Joomla getting better at the syntax checking.  Old code from extensions were storing parameters int he database incorrectly and that caused the error.  I found a script that helped me identify the error and fixed it.

Here is a link to the fix that I used, 0 Error decoding JSON data: Syntax error after upgrading to 3.6.4.  The key was using a script to show the errors in the database.  That script is here and was written by Robert Went.

Here is the error that I fixed in my extension table in my database for com_languages,

Before:
{"administrator":"\"en-GB\"","site":"\"en-GB\"&quo…